Friday 7 March 2014

No.7 Beautifully Matte Foundation


I picked this up after reading a post that Anna from House of Bargain had written about finding a much cheaper alternative to Estee Lauder's Double Wear and NARS Sheer glow. Now, I have neither of the above foundations and have only tried a weeks sample of Double Wear, I was really impressed with it but couldn't justify spending the money on it at the time. 


When I went into my local No.7 counter they were having a 'buy on get one half price' offer so I obviously had to leave with this foundation. After I had been colour matched with their new skin snapping machine, aka No.7 Match Made Service I walked away with Beautifully Matte in 43 Calico. 

There are 14 shades to choose from and they come in a handy pump dispenser so you get just the amount you need without wasting any product! And at just £13.50, you can't really complain. No.7 are always handing out vouchers too so there is always a way to get this, that little bit cheaper. 

As you can see from the above swatch the colour is very pale and just that bit darker than my inner arm. When blended out with my buffing brush this looked so natural, left my face feeling really soft and for a high street foundation, matched my skin perfectly. I don't use a primer with this but I do use a powder just to seal it. I was advised that I wouldn't need to but I don't think it looks that matte without a slight dusting of my trusty studio fix powder. By about 4pm I do have that dreaded shine fighting it's way though, so that 'All day shine free look' doesn't really apply to my skin type. (I have quite an oily T-Zone)

You can build this up easily, I like quite a full coverage and using two pumps of this foundation is enough to get the coverage I want. This also contains SPF 15 and is Hypo-allergenic. I wasn't wowed by this as much as I wanted to be but it's something I have enjoyed using and it's perfect for work or your average every day look. I would suggest you get colour matched and pick up a sample first but I would recommend giving this a try. I will be picking up another one when I've run out, what's a little powder touch up during the day anyway?

Have you tried Beautifully Matte? I would love to know your opinions on it too.


SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig